I understand that you are concerned about the privacy, confidentiality, and security of information that I obtain from you. This policy is intended to inform you, as required by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, of the steps I take to safeguard your information.
As a current, former or future client, you will need to provide certain personal information to me in order for me to provide accounting, tax, and financial services for you. I consider all of this information to be personal information and I will treat it as such.
I do not sell your personal information to anyone.
Thank you for choosing me to provide your accounting and tax planning needs. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please call me.
Information I Collect
Information that I collect about you is provided to me by you or obtained by me with your authorization. I retain copies of this information in order to prepare your individual or business tax returns and to perform accounting services.
I do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you as obtained in the course of our business together except as required or permitted by law. In order to assist in providing service to you, I may provide information to third parties who need to know information about you such as the tax agency or a lending institution. It is my policy to have your authorization prior to any such disclosure.
Protecting Your Information
I keep records so that I may continue to assist you with your tax and accounting needs. I maintain physical, procedural and electronic safeguards in order to protect the confidentiality of your personal data. I will continue to review my policies in order to ensure the confidentiality of your information.
Types of Documents I Collect:
- Income Tax Returns
- Employment Information (W-2s)
- Statements from Third Parties for interest, dividends, stock transactions
- Shareholder or partner earnings (K-1s)
- Social Security Numbers for you and your dependents
- Business Profit and Loss (in printed or data format)
- Dates of Birth for you and your dependents
- Information returns I prepared on your behalf
- Payroll tax returns I prepared on your behalf
- Settlement sheets for the purchase or sale of real estate
- Any other documentation you provided to me for the performance of my service to you or that I require for documentation of my work